Quick Search For Posts On The Following Topics:

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Book - What if It's Not Alzheimer's?

Product Recommendation - What if It's Not Alzheimer's?

Whodathunkit? A product recommendation right here on my blog.


Buy this book by clicking on the picture above.
I was not going to recommend this book for a few weeks, at least not until I covered my most debilitating symptoms: Emotions, and Behavior; and my Prognosis. I will reference this book heavily when I write about those subjects, and will recommend it again when I do.

Well, so much for my plans. Better sooner than later I suppose. An avid reader of this blog notified me by email that they had gone ahead and already purchased this book because I had referenced it here a few times.

It is easy for me to put things off, and adding the book for sale on my blog was something new to learn. I have been considering it for weeks. Thank you for forcing me to get it done in spite of my bvFTD-driven procrastination.

Anyways, I got more good solid useful information from this book, What If It's Not Alzheimer's?,  than from anywhere else because it gets very specific. It does not sugar coat anything, and is easy to read and understand. It is written for the caregiver of someone with FTD as a resource. As someone with bvFTD, I found it invaluable in helping to understand what is going on with me, and what to expect. The detailed descriptions of the symptoms and what they affected were exactly what I was looking for. I will warn you, some of it is hard to read, but that is the nature of the beast. I highly recommend buying it.

For more general information on FTD, see:
Facts About FTD.

Who should buy this book?
Anyone who has, suspects they have, or knows anyone with dementia. FTD is so difficult to diagnose, and is so often misdiagnosed, this book may help identify symptoms one would miss even if the current diagnosis is Alzheimer's or Depression, or nothing at all.

Anyone who has FTD, or is caring for someone with FTD, or cares about someone with FTD. The more you know and understand, the better.

Why buy it from here?
Because I get a small commission on each copy. I also get a commission on anything else you buy at Amazon when you link through this web site. Your price does not change, so it does not cost you anything extra to buy from here. It isn't going to change my life, but every little bit helps.

I plan to recommend a few other books, and maybe even some music, in the future.




Buy What If It's Not Alzheimer's? now by following the Amazon link below, or at the bottom right of this blog.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment