Quick Search For Posts On The Following Topics:

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lexapro and Ritalin - Part 2

Lime Jell-O - Lexapro and Ritalin - Part two

Lexapro has got to go!

Actually it has already gone. It has been 11 days since I took the last pill. I seem to have totally misplaced the whole week I was taking it, and it took another full week before I was feeling back to normal. What finally did it was Thursday. After having a fair day on Wednesday mowing the lawn Thursday was a disaster. I spent 2 1/2 hours sitting on the deck watching the grass grow. That tired me out so much I decided to take a nap. I laid in bed staring at the darkness for about 4 hours - wide awake. It was all like a free association meditation. I was thinking all these thoughts, but I can only remember that I mowed the lawn. Actually I do not remember mowing the lawn, but it was mowed and I am the only one here, so I must have. I really have no memory whatsoever of Monday through Thursday. Oh yeah! One more thing. The sexual side-effects of Lexapro - No frakkin way!

I did not take any Lexapro on Friday, and will not take them again.

Oh yeah - I do not really remember fixing the lawnmower.

That said. In the event that I start to exhibit bizarre behavior because the my FTD, I am sure that Lexapro will help because when taking it I really had no behavior at all. Just stick me in a rocking chair, and point me so I can see the grass.

Other than being a little jittery once in a while I seem to have no side effects from the Ritalin. It may be helping with my memory a little bit by increasing my focus so I remember more stuff. It may also be helping me to start things and get stuff done. If it is helping the effect is subtle. I am going to give it a chance.

3 comments:

  1. Lee - wanted you to know that you are the 5th person I know of (including myself) that has taken Lexapro. You are the 4th person (including myself) that has had bad side effects. My Dad took it for a couple years and we chalked his symptoms up to old age. I was given it for BP issues and started having the same symptoms as my 79 year old Dad - OUCH! We are both happily off of Lexapro. Good Luck Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, new to the site, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started taking Ritalin for ADD and have had a few Ritalin side effects but nothing to bad, i just hope that the longer i'm on it the more my body adjusts and accepts it. On the plus side it is really helping my concentrate on what i'm doing.

    ReplyDelete